Serves 4 Preparation time – 30 minutes Cooking time – 30 minutes to 1 hourApple Crumble
Classic Apple Crumble - a delicious use of fresh apples especially in the autumn and winter months!
- 300 g/10½oz plain flour sieved pinch of salt
- 175 g/6oz unrefined brown sugar
- 200 g/7oz unsalted butter cubed at room temperature
- Knob of butter for greasing
- 450 g/1lb apples peeled, cored and cut into 1cm/½in piece
- 50 g/2oz unrefined brown sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Taking a few cubes of butter at a time rub into the flour mixture. Keep rubbing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Place the fruit in a large bowl and sprinkle over the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir well being careful not to break up the fruit.
- Butter a 24cm/9in ovenproof dish. Spoon the fruit mixture into the bottom, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture bubbling.
- Serve with thick cream or custard.
Serves 4 Preparation time – 30 minutes Cooking time – 30 minutes to 1 hour
Serving: 0g | Calories: 11499kcal | Carbohydrates: 2942g | Protein: 62g | Fat: 76g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 579mg | Potassium: 22075mg | Fiber: 493g | Sugar: 2182g | Vitamin A: 12306IU | Vitamin C: 942mg | Calcium: 1298mg | Iron: 29mg