Summer Pudding is a fabulous way to use your fresh fruit from the garden or use frozen packs of summer fruits. Simple ingredients work the best and this is one of those dishes.
During the winter Summer Pudding is a great way to remind you or bring back memories of summer!
- 500 g/1lb 2oz mixed frozen fruits de-frosted 2 tablespoons Cassis
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 5 g fresh Basil chopped
- 8 slices good white bread crusts removed
For the Garnish: icing sugar
- Lightly oil 4 teacups or one large bowl (1.2l/2pt) and line with cling film.
- Mix together the defrosted fruits, Cassis, basil and sugar.
- Put half of the mixture in a dish big enough to take the slices of bread.
- Cut the bread to form a small circle for the base, slices for the sides and a larger circle for the top. To line the pudding dish - dip the bread on one side in the sauce and place in the pudding dish around the side. Make sure the pieces overlap to securely encase the filling.
- Fill the centre with the fruit mixture and press down well, top with the last slice of bread. Keep any left over fruit mixture
- Chill the pudding in the fridge overnight. Keep in fridge till ready to serve.
- Remove the pudding from the pudding dish and place on a plate. Pour over any remaining juices.